28/03/2022

Ed Tudor Pole Appearing at Stoke Con Trent 2022

Conventions are one of those things a lot have us have missed over the last two years. Getting together with hundreds of other fans of various franchises and properties. We've missed the cosplay, the stalls, and most importantly the opportunities at meeting a host of familiar faces.

At Collectormania in Milton Keynes once, I met Colin Baker as I was hiding behind him, avoiding being seen by someone from work who was wearing a less than flattering Power Ranger costume. It may have been the same day my mate and I literally bumped into Sir Geoff Hurst and I, very annoyed, had to explain to my non-football fan mate who SGH was.

Anyhow, conventions are back. And on April 10th, Stoke Con Trent shall have Ed Tudor Pole in attendance. 



As far as I'm aware, this is a rare convention appearance for Ed. But, given the opportunities performers have had in the last two years, I can imagine many may turn to conventions as they're a great earner for people. If someone's popular/busy, they can be earning thousands just signing autographs. 

In the past, I've managed brief chats with guests at conventions during their quieter moments. Never bought an autograph, always just went for the day out and to see who I can see. Just going to them as a day out, I've met Geoff Hurst, Colin Baker, D-Von Dudley, had a guy who played a blue Power Ranger ask me where I got my beer from as he needed a drink, seen a teenage crush in Alyson Hannigan in person, seen Mads Mikkelsen who I think is now just in everything, cons are just a fun day out seeing familiar faces.

Mentioning crushes, just checked the Stoke Con Trent guests and I can imagine this one was a crush for many. (I preferred Jet)




Tickets to attend Stoke Con Trent can be bought HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment