13/03/2018

Crystal Maze Crystal Collection


As a Maze Superfan I have amassed a rather impressive collection of Crystals, past and present. Firstly on the left, the Crystal Maze Crowd Funding Crystal - "I Build The Crystal Maze" is engraved on it. These were given to us for crowd funding the live experience on Indie Go Go in 2015/2016. The second crystal from left in the picture below, is a "live experience" crystal. These are smaller than the TV ones because the Maze Master actors have to carry them around with them. The third crystal from left is an actual crystal from the new series, I don't think it is a prize crystal from the end, but more like a crystal used in one of the game cells. I acquired this from the Production Company. Lastly, the one on the far right, is the original 90s' Prize Crystal from The Crystal Maze. I won this superb crystal on eBay (I almost had a heart attack when I nearly got outbidded!). It was a lot of money, but well worth it. It completes my collection. I just need to go on the new maze now and get the prize crystal from the new series! Will make a fantastic display in my cabinet at home. ;) 


The Evolution of The Crystal Maze - In Crystal Form!


The original 90'S series crystal I believe is a Swarovski one, and sits in a sturdy blue display box, as presented at the Crystal Dome by the presenters.The one I own was sold to be my the Production Secretary, Anita Stubbs. I believe some members of crew were given crystals as a keep sake for their work on the programme, hence why my one is not engraved. But as you can imagine, I am over the moon to now own this. It is in such excellent condition, it still looks new. Hard to believe it is a quarter of a century old. The original crystal gives off this lovely refractive light, which changes dependent on the angle you hold it. Love it!  Now I am just praying I am lucky enough to go on the new series, to get a 21st Century "prize" crystal to complete my awesome collection of Crystal Maze Memorabelia. I think it is just simply great how the maze has such an impressive history from its conception through to its modern day evolution. It is very rare that television programmes can do this, let alone survive a revival.


3 comments:

  1. I have the exact same original 1990 crystal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice, were you a contestant? I've got the 1995 one and a game crystal. (See latest post).

      Delete
    2. What was the deal with the crowdfunding I built the Crystal Maze variant? Were they given to everyone who supported or just a select few?

      Delete