22/04/2018

We entered The CRYSTAL MAZE!!!


The 16th April 2018 will be a day we will never forget, we finally got our chance to enter the real Crystal Maze Studios - A lifelong, childhood dream for all of us, myself included. I don't want to reveal much detail as to the circumstances which led to that, but we had a blast as Official Games Testers for Series 2. The Studios were fantastic. I am not allowed to disclose any detail about the sets, or the new games, or any other information as I have signed a non-disclosure Channel 4 legal agreement - so will just leave you with some photographs of us at the Hotel before we set off for Bottleyard Studios that day. The night before we were all so excited, it was the same night that The Crystal Maze was back on Television (Second half of Series 1). Me and Phil laid out all our maze memorabelia, props and books, etc in the hotel room. We could of opened a Crystal Maze Museum! 

We had such a fantastic day down at the Studios, the highlight for me was meeting all the crew, and in particular, James Dillon, the Production Designer and Mastermind behind the Original 1990s and 21st Century Crystal Mazes. I was slightly gutted I couldn't meet Neale Simpson, Exec Producer, he was out that day. We got pix of us in all of the Zones, including with James Dillon himself - but we will not be allowed copies of these photographs until the next series airs - understandable, of course. I will write more about our day later this year, once I confirm I am legally able to do so. All I can say is, we were impressed with our experience. 






No comments:

Post a Comment