15/06/2018

2nd Celebrity Episode...

Wow what an episode!

Former footballer Dennis Wise captains, with DJ Roman Kemp, Made in Chelsea's Binky Felstead, Happy Mondays' Bez, and Katie Price

Tonight's episode was the best yet, even though they only one two Crystals and collected a pitiful three gold tokens in the dome!. Games are so fantastic and well thought out. I also caught glimpses of a few of the games I tested for the show. The first one was a coloured ball sorter game in Futuristic - I was so out of breath testing this game, but managed to win the Crystal. It wasn't won in this episode, so I felt good about myself! I love how they have now implemented first person go pro shots into the episodes now, as well, a great touch.


My favourite game which I tested at the studio for this series was the Aztec Symbol Water game. It involved a grid of 9 gates, with ropes and ladders - a similar used game from the original, but this time involving water. When I tested the game, I got stuck in the far corner. There was no rope or ladder, and I panicked and forgot that I could swim underneath one of the gates. To confuse me, there was also a little ledge I tried to climb up on, but it didn't work. I finally made out from all the shouting from my team mates, to swim under water. I chuckled to myself this evening to see that one of the improvements from my testing was to add a red arrow, to indicate for the contestant to swim under water, where I got stuck haha.






Amazing stuff, best episode yet. The wall closing game in Medieval was genius as well, a bit like the 'when is a safe not a safe' game from the original. There was also a blue maze with various opening doors in Industrial, with a modern take. The room lit red when the contestant was locked in, very impressive. Claustrophobic games work really well, as it brings some kind of fear to the viewer they can relate to. Our fan group all loved it tonight. The lottery game Katie Price was one I also did not get, the 'Kinder egg' balls were evil as there were so many to open, it was just luck of the draw. We loved the Skull knocking game, which Dennis Wise got locked in with!

Anyway, big thumbs up from us all, we love the current series. Channel 4 have upped their game with the games, that's for sure. We just wish that they could bring the on screen timer back for the Crystal Dome.

2 comments:

  1. Love the new series too.

    My only worry with the whole thing is the scheduling. Are Channel 4 backing the show? This new series is on in the World Cup season.

    Don't worry about the timer on the Dome or even the celebs/ordinary thing. If the celebs ones get better ratings, it might end up as All Star Crystal Maze. If it does, then it's not the end of the world. What is the end of the world is if the weird scheduling hurts ratings to the extent that the programme is axed.

    Keep up the good work with the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for your response and your kind words. I have sent feedback to Channel 4 about the maze scheduling so let's see what happens.

    ReplyDelete