28/11/2018

The Crystal Maze Christmas Special 2018

At time of writing, we haven't yet been made aware of the airing date for another Christmas Special of the revived Crystal Maze on Channel 4. We are monitoring the Radio Times Twitter like a hawk. Last year The Crystal Maze Christmas Special aired on 14th Dec, so expect a similar sort of time frame. For me, the Christmas Special last year was fantastic.

I loved seeing not only the Zones transformed into a festive wonderland, but the amount of work that went into individually Christmas themed games as well. This is something which wasn't done as extensively in the original series. The episode featured Carol Singers in the Medieval Zone, Winter Tundra in Aztec and spinning Christmas Puddings in Industrial. Absolutely fantastic stuff. As well as my usual Christmas Home Alone fix, I truly cannot wait to tune into The Crystal Maze Special to see how they've transformed the Zones and games this time round. The Christmas Special would of been recorded a few weeks after I tested the games at the set in April this year, so it will be pretty fascinating to see how they adapted the set for Christmas again.

I am really grateful for this year, not only have I fulfilled my main childhood dream by working on the Maze testing the games at the Studio and meeting all the lovely crew - (my highlight was playing a water game in Aztec)  - But I have recently discovered I am going to become a dad in June 2019, so this year has truly exceeded my wildest expectations. Dreams really do come true.

We will keep you posted with The Crystal Maze Christmas Special air date as soon as we have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment