04/09/2020

An Unexpected Item of Mail from Richard O'Brien

I came home from work this afternoon and saw an envelope with a New Zealand stamp, an Air Mail sticker, and my address in strangely familiar handwriting. I had suspicions that the letter was from Richard O'Brien, after all, he is the only person I know of who resides there. I said to myself "Nah, surely it can't be". I excitedly logged onto the maze fan group to tell everyone and then opened the envelope carefully. Inside was a lovely autographed white card reading "Stay Safe Neil and never give up".  This was a beautiful message from the Maze legend himself. I was overwhelmed by it really. He even hand wrote my full postal address on the envelope. What a guy!




What is even more mysterious is that I don't recall writing to O'Brien for this, which has left me baffled as to how he has my details but I am definitely not complaining. I did write to his fan group via email in January last year. Maybe he's doing random messages to fans? I saw on twitter that others have received similar, unexpected messages from O'Brien in the post. Such as HEREHERE and HERE

RICHARD - THANK YOU so much for this incredible surprise all the way from New Zealand. You have a heart of gold and I hope you stay safe too. I will treasure this note. You are the legend of The Crystal Maze and a lovely person. If you are reading the blog, let us know!

3 comments:

  1. maybe he reads the blog as an 18 month message surely made him decide to write.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can quite believe he does read the blog, but how did he get my address? Unless he got the address via Neale the producer of the new show.

      Delete
  2. What was lovely about this surprise piece of mail was that he hand wrote the full postal address as well. What a lovely bloke.

    ReplyDelete