11/01/2021

Ayoade, Vaccination, Catchphrase and Jurassic Park - How Was Your Weekend?

Things aren't looking great at the moment. To paraphrase the joke EVERY U.S. talk show made on Friday: The last week has been a hell of a year. But what really topped off the weekend came via Stephen Mulhern's Catchphrase on ITV. Mr Ayoade was a contestant, but I wasn't watching at the time, I was fully engrossed in Jurassic World Evolution. PlayStation have a sale on and I packed out my hard drive again.

Anyhow, a couple of tweets caught my eye and knocked my confidence in seeing any future series of Crystal Maze.

Now we all know what Richard's like, humour through negativity. Plus I doubt that this is really going to be the way it comes out that the show's done.

The silver lining on this cloud is that I know that there was more in the pipeline thanks to a couple of tweets I saw last February, you know, before the most half-arsed apocalypse there ever could be.

So it's a bit of a toss-up now. It could well go ahead once everyone's vaccinated and they can film safely. Then again at the same time, it could easily not happen because Television, at the end of the day, is a business so perhaps it doesn't make sense financially to keep going with it. 

Either way, I'm on the side of optimism because I really need my fix of 31-year-old quirky game show.

Since I mentioned it, vaccination. Certain types keep talking about the fact there's a bit of disease in a vaccine as if it's a dirty secret. Now am I nuts, or did anyone else learn that in primary school?

2 comments:

  1. Well when you mentioned those climing wall moulds i thought that yeah the show may well return, however these could be produced specifically for the US adaptation. Of course this was just under a year ago and a pandemic has since reared its ugly head and with C4 having a huge budget cut a few months after the lockdown it makes me ever so concerned that they pulled the plug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Covid is wrecking the Maze (TV and live experience). It's nightmare this virus.

    ReplyDelete