05/06/2020

Crystal Maze Repeats on TV, No-One Told Me It Had Been Going A While

Before I get to Crystal Maze getting repeat airings, could you give these lads a 'like' each, please: 

 


 
Now that little bit of admin is out of the way... moving on to the main of this snack-sized post, I've just noticed that the original series is getting a decent airing on broadcast TV on weekdays. Sky Two are working their way through the original series, showing two '90s episodes on weekdays at 12:30pm. Sky Two is available on Sky 168, Virgin 160 and Talk Talk 304

Turns out Challenge has been airing it at 5pm daily too, which ends today so you can watch Ed say goodbye if you are so inclined. Or just do what I do and watch on YouTube through your TV

7 comments:

  1. interestingly as well with regards to Ed's series. They are the masters that don't have the shoddy Challenge Edits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is interesting given Challenge and Sky Two are both Sky owned channels

      Delete
    2. I should of said the youtube versions are the masters not the versions currently on both sky' channels. Just proves challenge went down the cheaper method of keep using the edited 5 & 6 versions that virgin edited when in their hands.

      Delete
  2. Any news on when or if the revived series is returning?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No idea, problem is social distancing at the moment. There was some plans afoot as I found a rock climbing company saying on Twitter they were making items for the show, hand holds I think. And obviously they weren't going to be making them on the off chance they were asked to. However with the way things are at the moment, any filming would need changes. We can't have Aztec windows, to quote Mr Ayoade, "rammed full of ass"

      However it's not an impossible task, as the current filming of the new series of Fort Boyard for French TV is proving.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the info. I believe there are episodes from the 2019 celeb editions yet to be aired so I'm surprised these aren't being aired now. From what I gather the ratings have been somewhat disappointing so maybe C4 broadcasters are having a long hard think about it. With lockdown I would of thought it was the perfect time to air those

      Delete
    3. There quite a few left, I was asked by, and told, one of the contestants included that since last years summer series started around July 5th. I'll wait until then before I start sending inquisitive emails to the producers.

      Here's a list of who's left to see. Its not full, there's a few faces I haven't been able to make out from clips.

      http://thecrystalmazefangroup.blogspot.com/2019/07/two-more-names-for-part-two-of-this.html

      Delete