03/01/2019

Original 'I Cracked The Crystal Maze 1995' Prize Crystal unearthed!

Yes! At last, childhood complete! I have been successful in acquiring an actual winner's Crystal from Series 6 of The Crystal Maze, (1995). The Crystal is engraved with the famous line 'I CRACKED THE CRYSTAL MAZE 1995'. It is incredible to think that this iconic prize Crystal is reaching 25 years old now. My bank balance has taken a bit of a big dent, but this has completed my extensive Maze memorabilia collection. Click on the images to take a closer look. Absolutely stunning, and I am currently smiling lots. As a die-hard fan, it has been my dream to have a real one.  It is beautiful and a REAL Swarovski Crystal. They refract all kinds of colours of light.

The Crystal is lovely, the engraved inscription is actually inside the Crystal, rather than on the surface. This creates a beautiful refracted effect where the words appear on all the facets. It is stunning and I am so lucky to have this.  I need to give it a good clean and polish, as it was rather cold this morning and there was condensation all over it. Somebody who worked on the last series sold it to me. I now have an original 90's game Crystal (boxed, not engraved), on the left, and the winners' Crystal, also boxed, on the right. I will not be selling it, I will be hiding it in safekeeping and treasuring this piece of maze history for years to come, along with the jacket, original tokens, futuristic timer, etc. Good investments. I now have the entire set of Crystals spanning both the old and new series, as well as the experience. I am thrilled and this will definitely be a talking point with friends. I just need to get on the new series, and win a prize 'I cracked The Crystal Maze' Crystal from the new series, to complete my massive collection.

The crew member who worked on the show, who sold me the prize Crystal, sent me accompanying letters to prove her involvement with the show, adding to the authenticity of this piece of TV history. (Offer of work from Chatsworth, plus thank you letter and crew Photo). The Production Secretary, Lisa, received this Crystal from Producer/Director David G. Croft as a thank you for her work on Series 6, the final 90's series, filmed 31st Oct-16th Dec 1994, but aired 18th May -10th August 1995. She found it in her loft after 23 years.

"Having looked at letters recently, I thought to myself 'I actually worked on this programme, that people still go mad about, and that brought a little smile to my face" 

Lisa Davison, Production Secretary, Series 6 - The Crystal Maze

Lisa said: "Having chats with you has brought it all back and made me realise how lucky I was to be there. Looking at those letters recently, I thought to myself 'you actually worked on this programme that people still go mad about', and that brought a little smile to my face. I even got a close up of my hand on one of the shows, as the contestant had to catch a train home and they hadn't finished the close-up shots. My hand was the most similar to hers!"

She added: "I was responsible for taking contestants around the set, arranging the prizes, taking phone calls etc. Edward Tudor-Pole was certainly a character, and working on the original Crystal Maze TV show was an experience I will never forget".

What an exciting start to the new year here at the Maze Fan Blog. Thank you Lisa.

Keep the likes, shares, comments and emails coming in to us. Expect a Series 3 this year. Also, don't forget the new West End TCM Live Experience opens end of March, and we will be first on the scene on opening day to test and review it for the blog.

12 comments:

  1. We're can I buy an original crystal maze crystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please someone help me on this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Just have to wait for when one comes up on eBay

      Delete
  4. How much would you pay ? I have mine from series one. Unboxed alan_holloway_2@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you email me a pic? Neilrobinsonuk@gmail.com thanks

      Delete
    2. Can you email me a pic? Neilrobinsonuk@gmail.com thanks

      Delete
    3. Can you email me a pic? Neilrobinsonuk@gmail.com thanks

      Delete
    4. https://thecrystalmazefangroup.blogspot.com/2020/11/for-sale-one-original-crystal-maze-i.html

      Delete
  5. hi please where can i found thoes im one of fans of crystal maze now im in london where can i found i need help and this my email to contact
    mohammed_ps4pro@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi please do you have the orginal crystal i want to buy

    ReplyDelete
  7. this my email yahussain_555@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete