28/02/2021

The Time A Saudi TV Channel Borrowed From My Crystal Maze Intro Editing

 Since the revived series started, I've taken the episodes, done a bit of chopping, stuck the original theme underneath and created a montage style opening more akin to the 90s series. They were on YouTube for posterity but YouTube said no and I no longer have a YouTube. Annoying? Yes but nothing to get angry at. It's not lost me anything.

After the first run, I put together the following:

It's not bad. At the time it had been a while since I'd done any proper editing so I was quite pleased with it, and I did another for the second year's shows. However last year, in the course of my Twittering, I found this: 

As you can see, it's promoting broadcasting the show using a mix of clips from the 1990 and 1991 series, and the 2017 series. Look carefully at the 2017 clips and compare them to the bits I'd used. It seems all they've done is downloaded my intro edit, chopped out what they wanted and mixed it in with some bits from 27 years previously. May not be the way I'd want something I'd done to be on telly but I guess it's something. Also, they've used a still from the Live Experience promotional material as well, just saying.

Since I'm on the topic, and YouTube said no, here's the other intro I did:


I'll get round to one for the 2019 episodes eventually 👍

1 comment: