09/07/2019

It's Not 'Mumsie', It's 'Mumsey' ( I'm Looking At You @CrystalMazeHQ )

I don't usually intend on going all grammar nazi during my day to day activities, although I'd consider this closer to the level of spelling community support officer.

Allow me to share with you a little ditty from Series 3 Episode 9, with Richard O'Brien tinkling the Medieval ivories (anyone points out the anachronism, I'm going after your spelling, somehow)


M is for those Mondays in the hearth gloom,
U is for her undies in the bathroom,
M is for the moments that she shared with me,
S is for the stories told while sitting on her knee,
E is for the everything a boy could need,
Y is for the yellow of her teeth.
And you put them all together, they spell Mumsey,
Gosh I'm awfully glad she never called me Keith.



X Mumsie X

Mumsey

Also looking at you official Crystal Maze Youtube channel with your 'Mumsie Compilation'

UPDATE: The Live Experience got back to me, it's a different 'Mumsie' spelled differently to avoid muddying up the Christmas card list. A likely story but I'll let it slide. Your move TCM YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment